Please read the following information carefully and implement as many of these suggestions as possible.
Making Up Work
Making Up Work
- Check in with your teacher at the beginning of the period to get all hand-outs and assignments that will be given during the period you will miss.
- Use a study buddy. Ask a friend that is in your class to take detailed notes. Then make a copy or take a picture of the notes with your phone. Also, ask the student to collect anything that was handed out in class.
- Use 8th Period (every Wednesday) to make up tests, quizzes, or other work missed while you were in sectionals. 8th Period was created for band and strings students so please use it!
- When you know that a test or quiz is in conflict with your sectional, please alert your teacher and make arrangements to make up this test or quiz during your full band period. For example, if you have a sectional first period and a test is scheduled for your first period class, you still are required to be in sectionals, but if you make arrangements with your teacher and alert Mr. Flinchbaugh, you make be excused from your full band period to make up the test. This is generally much easier on your class teacher because you are making up the work in the same day, and you won't miss sectionals where instrument specific teaching happens.
- To more easily remember your sectionals, take the time at the beginning of the school year to write your sectional schedule throughout your agenda book. This way, you will see it every morning in homeroom and it will remind you of what day/time to be in the band room for sectionals.
- Post your sectional schedule inside your locker.
- Check the homepage of this website. The sectional schedule is located toward the bottom of the page.
- Set yourself a reminder on your electronic device. Even though you can't use them during the school day (other than at lunch), it will help you remember your schedule.
- When you drop off your instrument in the morning, check the dry erase calendar on the band room door. This calendar has the period number and sectional letter on the appropriate day of the week.
- Remind your friends: if you see a student who is in your sectional, remind them that you have sectionals that day and what period it is at. No, it's not your responsibility to remind friends but yes, it is a nice thing to do.
- Practice Journals are due the first day of each week. Normally this will be Monday (by 11:59pm), but some weeks the first day is Tuesday. In this case they would be due Tuesday (by 11:59pm).
- Check the calendar on the homepage of this website. Every day that a Practice Journal is due is marked on that calendar.
- Set yourself a reminder on your electronic device.
- Do it over the weekend. Even though the journals are not due until Monday night (usually), there's no penalty for turning it in a day or two early.